We collect personal information about our users in order provide our products, services, & user support. Our products, services, & user support are provided through partners including but not limited to: websites, phone apps, email, & telephone. The specific platform & product, service, or support you interact with may affect the personal data we collect.
While you use our products & services you may be asked to provide certain types of personal information. This might happen through our website, applications, online chat systems, telephone, paper forms, or in-person meetings. We will give you a Collection Notice at the time, to explain how we will use the personal information we are asking for. The notice may be written or verbal.
We may request, collect, or process the following information:
Users have the ability to invite non-users to our platform by providing contact details such as email address. In these situations, the information will be collected & stored by us to contact the non-user & to prevent abuse of the invite systems.
Your payment provider may transmit information about the payment that we may collect or process.
In some situations, personal information of users may be collected from public sources.
We may collect or process the following information:
- Account Details - username, password, other profile details.
- Contact Details - email address, phone number.
- Location Details - Physical Address, billing address, timezone.
- Identity Details - full name, proof of identity if we ask for one etc.
- Financial Information - credit card details, wire transfer details, payment processor details (e.g. payu, paypal), tax numbers.
- User Generated Content - project descriptions & attachments, bid description, user profiles, user reviews, contest descriptions & attachment, user messages etc.
- We maintain records of the interactions we have with our users, including the products, services & user support we have provided. This includes the interactions our users have with our platform such as when a user has viewed a pag or clicked a button.
- Metadata - IP address, computer & connection information, referring web page, standard web log information, language settings, timezone, etc.
- Device Information - device identifier, device type, device plugins, hardware capabilities, etc.
- Location - GPS position. In order to deliver certain products or services we may passively collect your GPS coordinates, where available from your device. Most modern devices such as smartphones will display a permission request when our platform requests this data.
- Actions - pages viewed, buttons clicked, time spent viewing, search keywords, etc.
- Links to other sites. On our website, you will encounter links to third party websites. These links may be from us, or they may appear as content generated by other users. These linked sites are not under our control & thus we are not responsible for their actions.
How we use personal information
The information we request, collect, & process is primarily used to provide users with the product or service they have requested. More specifically, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide the service or product you have requested;
- to facilitate the creation of a User Contract (see Terms of Service for more information);
- to provide technical or other support to you;
- to answer enquiries about our services, or to respond to a complaint;
- to promote our other programs, products or services which may be of interest to you (unless you have opted out from such communications);
- to allow for debugging, testing & otherwise operate our platforms;
- to conduct data analysis, research & otherwise build & improve our platforms;
- to comply with legal & regulatory obligations;
- if otherwise permitted or required by law; or
- for other purposes with your consent, unless you withdraw your consent for these purposes.
- The 'lawful processing' grounds on which we will use personal information about our users are (but are not limited to):
- when a user has given consent;
- when necessary for the performance of a contract to which the user is party;
- processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations;
- processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of our users or of another natural person.
- processing is done in pursuing our legitimate interests, where these interests do not infringe on the rights of our users.
When we disclose personal information
The personal information of users may be held, transmitted to or processed on our behalf, including 'in the cloud', by our third party service providers. Our third party service providers are bound by contract to only use your personal information on our behalf, under our instructions.
Our third party service providers include:
- Cloud hosting, storage, networking & related providers
- SMS providers
- Payment & banking providers
- Marketing & analytics providers
- Security providers
- Third party applications
Other disclosures & transfers
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- if necessary to provide the service or product you have requested;
- we receive court orders, subpoenas or other requests for information by law enforcement;
- if otherwise permitted or required by law; or
- for other purposes with your consent.
- As we are a global company, with offices around the world, your personal information may be processed by staff in any of our offices.
Accessing, correcting, or downloading your personal information
You have the right to request access to the personal information Afroware holds about you. Unless an exception applies, we must allow you to see the personal information we hold about you, within a reasonable time period, & without unreasonable expense for no charge. Most personal information can be accessed by logging into your account. If you wish to access information that is not accessible through the platform, or wish to download all personal information we hold on you in a portable data format, please contact our Privacy Officer.
You also have the right to request the correction of the personal information we hold about you. All your personal information can be updated through the user settings pages. If you require assistance please contact our user support.
Exercising your other rights
You have a number of other rights in relation to the personal data Afroware holds about you, however, there may be restrictions on how you may exercise the rights. This is largely due to the nature of the products & services we provide. Much of the data we collect is in order to facilitate contracts between users, facilitate payments, & provide protection for the legitimate users of our marketplace - these data uses are protected against the below rights.
Seek human review of automated decision-making or profiling
Human review of automated decision making / profiling - In the case of our ranking algorithms, it is not possible to exercise this right as this ranking is a fundamental part of the marketplace that users participate in, opting out would mean not being able to participate in the marketplace. Decisions affecting marketplace security are already reviewed by humans.
Opt-out of direct marketing, & profiling for marketing
Direct marketing & profiling - users can control what emails they receive through their settings page.
Most personal information & user generated content cannot be deleted as they are used to support interactions between users, document financial transactions, & are used in providing protecting other legitimate users of the website. In the case of non-personal data that can be linked with personal data, it will either be erased or otherwise anonymised from the personal data.
Temporary restriction of processing.
Under certain circumstances you may exercise this right, in particular if you believe that the personal data we have is not accurate, or you believe that we do not have legitimate grounds for processing your information. In either case you may exercise this right by contacting us on email@example.com.
To contact us regarding Privacy matters
While we endeavour to resolve complaints quickly & informally, if you wish to proceed to a formal privacy complaint with regard to information we hold about you/ your company, we request that you make your complaint in writing by mail or email.
Tecburg Private Limited
2nd Floor, Unit B-205, Supreme Business Park,
Hiranandani Gardens, Powai, Mumbai 400076, India.
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Tel: +91 809 7007 890
We will acknowledge your formal complaint within 15 working days of receip